The Arab Foundation for Development and Citizenship took part in a regional workshop designated for journalists and bloggers working in the human rights field. The workshop, which was held in Beirut, was organized between the 12-16 of December 2009 by the Human Rights Information and Training Center in Ta’izz, in cooperation with the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), and the foundation was represented by the director of the citizenship program at the foundation.
The workshop focused on the role of journalists and bloggers in pressuring decision-makers to improve the human rights conditions. The participants received training on the following topics:
- The International Bill of Human Rights
- The international system of protecting human rights
- Online campaigns and it’s role in promoting human rights and freedom of speech and expression in international conventions.
- The special procedures for the protection of freedom of expression and access to information
- Freedom of opinion and expression in Arab laws